Getting rid of fleas and ticks on cats is quite easy when you know the right way. If you follow these instructions, you will be sure to easily kill all cat fleas and ticks and even dog’s as well.
To get rid of fleas and ticks on cats, you first have to realize the problem. To check, you can separate small parts of his or her hair at a time and look between them. If you don’t see any, you need to realize that they can hide very well. If you take a wet cloth and put it on your cat or dog’s fur, you will be able to see if they have fleas, since they leave dark brown spots behind them, which is actually excretions. The excretions are brown or brownish red from sucking the blood from your pet.
If you are sure your cat has fleas and ticks, then you need to treat your house for complete flea control:
- Most importantly, if you have just discovered the fleas and ticks on cats, then quarantine your cat to one room for complete control and to prevent the pests from spreading to other furry friends in your home.
- Vacuum the whole house to rid the floors or furniture.
- Make sure to wash all your clothes in case any are hiding inside of them, as they often do.
- Next, shake all rugs, if you have any, and vacuum them as well.
- You can also use a flea and tick control spray to get rid of any bugs on your cat. You can spray the house to kill any clinging fleas and ticks. Make sure to wash your bedroom and other rooms very well too. Any closets or wardrobes must be thoroughly washed and checked.
For flea control to treat your cat:
- First of all, to get rid of fleas and ticks on cats, wash your cat in an “anti flea bath.” This often means you will have to wash him in a bathtub with plenty of water and soap. But be very careful that the soap and water don’t go in your cats eyes. They naturally hate water and being bathed so you will likely encounter resistance with this method.
- There are also other methods of giving your cat a “dry” bath for cat flea control. One of these is using a shampoo with no water involved.
- Make sure to buy a cat flea and tick control. This is so after you kill fleas and ticks, they don’t come back again. Frontline is my personal favorite.
- If you get a flea and tick shampoo or treatment online, check the fur every few days to be sure they are gone. If you do see more fleas or ticks, quarantine your pet, and begin the whole process again.
We hope this process has helped you and that once you’ve learned how to get rid of fleas and ticks, both you and your cat will be much happier.