Man’s best friend is like man himself. Aside from food, you need exercise, right? So you need a space with good ventilation for this purpose. Certainly, your best friend needs it too. Dogs are active beings. They can’t always be chained within the confines of the house every single hour of their lives. So the best gift you could ever give to your dog this year might be a dog run. If you have space outside of your house, then start planning a dog run installment. Dog runs come in different sizes and shapes. Below are few guidelines on how you can build just the right type for your furry friend.
- Check out the location. Before purchasing anything you need for building a dog run, examine first the spot and decide on what type of dog run you are going to put up. You can use a section of the yard or anywhere suitable for your dog, of course with proper consultation with other members of the house.
- Make a draft of the dog run’s dimension. Take into consideration the type of your dog, his size, and his energy level.
- If your dog is young and has high stamina and vigor, he probably needs a much wider space. Your dog will definitely need ample amount of ventilation, so make sure to find a spot where he can get a good supply of fresh air.
- The taller or bigger your dog is, the more space is needed to accommodate his run.
- In most cases, dogs seem to be much happier having a long dog run. Square shapes are fine, but remember that your loyal companions have the stamina to run in miles. So, it will be much better if you build a dog run in a way in which he may find thrill and excitement in his run.
- Construct the run. After determining the size and shape of the dog run, use strings or threads as markers to fence the dog run. Attach the endpoints from post to post. Place a crane to join the ties.
- Create a fence. You can purchase from any hardware store or you can build one yourself.
- If you plan on purchasing a ready-made fence, one made out of steel or good-quality wood is preferred. This can steal a great deal from your pocket so estimate first the exact measurement of the dog run before purchasing.
- If you opt for making the fence yourself, one made of sturdy wood would be great. Building it is easy.
- Attach the fence. Dig holes for about 30 inches deep for the fence. Whether it is a fence made of steel or wood, it is always advised to sink the fence in profound depth. Construct the dog run fence, following the string markers you’ve tied earlier.
- Don’t forget to provide a shade to shelter your dog whenever he gets tired. You can use tarpaulin or old blinds. Or, better yet, place his doghouse inside the dog run to enable easy access to his playground.
Taking care of a dog is exactly like taking care of a person. You learn about his needs and try to supply them in the best of your ability. In this way, you can keep your canine friends alive, kicking, and smiling.